Special HTCC Board Meeting Minutes
February 14, 2009
Attendees: Vishwa Gaddamanugu, Umesh Amin, G. Krishnan, Sunil Shah, Pramod Gupta, Suri Raman, Hima Bollineni, Bhargavi Kumar, Hema Marreddy, Arun Sharma, Nitya Niranjan
Excused Absentees: Dev Manhas, Virinder Duggal, Sunil Ummat
Unexcused Absentees: Lakshmi Shankar
2 Call the meeting to order
3 Approve Minutes of the January Board Meeting
4 Approve Minutes of the Special Board Meeting on Deity Placements
5 In light of Shyam Oberoi’s resignation - appoint a Secretary/Jt. Secretary
6 Appoint a board member in place of Mr. Shyam Oberoi who resigned
7 EC committee Report
8 Treasurer's Report
9 Ethics committee report
10 Fund Raising Committee Report
11 Appointment of an Election Sub-Committee
12 Sub Committee Report for death/birth policies
13 Implement policies for matching grants
14 Publish members of all committees
15 Discuss Priest Compensation Plan
16 New business
18 Meeting Adjourned
1. Prayers were offered at 9:05 AM. Meeting was called to order at 9:10 AM
2. Motion to approve minutes of the January 10th, 2009 meeting was proposed by Umesh, seconded by Pramod. Motion was approved unanimously.
3. Minutes of the Feb 1st, 2009 meeting will be approved in the Mar 2009 meeting. The final deity layout is to be printed by Vishwa, signed by all board members present at the Feb 1, 2009 meeting.
4. Sunil Shah (current Joint Secretary) becomes the Secretary since the current secretary(Mr. Shyam Oberoi) has resigned.
5. Nomination: Umesh nominated Bhargavi Kumar as Jt. Secretary, seconded by Pramod. Nomination was accepted & approved unanimously.
6. Hima presented the EC Report, Hima will be forwarding email report.
7. Motion: Hima proposed a motion to hire Mr. Vasudeva Sharma as a priest subject to satisfactory reference checks, background checks as well as visa requirements being met. Pramod seconded it. Motion was approved unanimously.
8. Motion: Hima proposed a motion to get a budget approval for external tent repair or replacement up to $5,000. Nitya seconded it. Motion was approved unanimously.
9. Raman presented the treasurer’s report.
10. Nomination: For board member vacancy created by Shyam Oberoi’s resignation – Subrahmanyam Kandikattu was nominated by Nitya, seconded by Arun. Lavanya Reddy was nominated by Vishwa, seconded by Umesh. Subbu was elected by majority.
11. Ethics Committee Report: Umesh (chair, Ethics committee) presented that the Ethics issue raised by Vishwa was an act of being disrespectful rather than an Ethics Violation. As such, Arun accepted & apologized to the board for being disrespectful. Moral of the whole discussion is – be respectful in the way we communicate with everybody, be tolerant & forgiving especially when somebody is genuinely remorseful & trying to make amends.
12. Vishwa presented the fund raising committee report.
13. Motion: Hema proposed that the board approve an incremental budget of $1200 for Padukas. Fund raising committee expects to raise $50K as a result of this Venkateshwara Paduka Drive. Vishwa seconded it. Motion was approved unanimously.
14. Nomination: Raman was nominated to lead the election sub-committee. Seconded by Amin. The charter of this committee is to create & define a streamlined election process. Motion was passed unanimously.
15. Raman presented a preliminary report of the Sub Committee for death/birth policies.
16. Motion: Vishwa proposed a motion to publish all the sub-committees of the board and EC along with their memberships on the web-site. Bhargavi seconded it. Motion was approved unanimously. Krish and Virinder will work with the web-master to get this information published.
17. Policies regarding Matching Funds: Board has already drafted policies regarding what donations can be matched. These policies are displayed in the board room. Board asked Hima (acting president, EC), to make sure that these policies are being followed as volunteers and others collect funds & matching forms during different occasions.
18. Priest Compensation Plan – this discussion is postponed till next meeting.
19. Closing Prayer.
20. Meeting was adjourned at 11:05pm.
Secretary, HTCC Board of Trustees
Feb 14, 2009