Special HTCC Board Meeting Minutes
February 1, 2009
Attendees: Virinder Duggal, Vishwa Gaddamanugu, Dev Manhas, Umesh Amin, G. Krishnan, Sunil Shah, Pramod Gupta, Arun Sharma, Suri Raman, Hima Bollineni, Bhargavi Kumar
Excused Absentees: Nitya Niranjan, Hema Marreddy, Shyam Oberoi, Sunil Ummat
Unexcused Absentees: Lakshmi Shankar(will be happy to make her an excused absentee if anybody can forward me a notification from Lakshmi)
- Clarification about previous motions re. Deity Layout
- Finalize Deity Layout for Phase II
- Make a decision on the go forward plan with respect to Sthapathis
1. Prayers were offered at 10:05 AM. Meeting was called to order at 10:10 AM
2. Motion: There was a procedural error during the Nov 23, 2008 special board meeting while passing of Motions 3.C(one proposed by Sunil Ummat) & 3.D(one proposed by Suri Raman). Motion is to nullify those two motions to be consistent with the constitution. Umesh Amin proposed the motion and was seconded by Pramod Gupta. Motion was approved unanimously.
3. Motion: This motion was proposed by Dr. Manhas & seconded by Vishwa. This motion was approved unanimously. To approve the Jan 9, 2009 mutually agreed and signed Deity Placement for second phase of the HTCC by the Ashish Sompura & Mr. Selvanathan Sthapaty with the following amendments.
a) Sri Hariharan deity will not be added. Spacing n
b) Jain Deity will be in the North Eastern Corner & Sri Sai Baba will be in the South Eastern Corner
c) Sri Andal will be replaced with Ram Parivar
d) All Garbh Gruhas will be of equal size.
4. Motion: This motion was proposed by Dr. Manhas & seconded by Arun. Motion is to include Hanuman, Parvati and Andal deities subject to their approval the by the General Body Meeting in May 2009. Motion was approved unanimously.
5. Motion: This motion was proposed by Dr. Manhas & seconded by Raman. Motion is to have Shiva sannidhi include Mahesh idol (in bluish marble) in the background behind the Shiva Lingam.
6. Motion: Planning committee going forward is going to work with Mr. V. Selvanathan as Sthapaty. This motion was proposed by Umesh Amin, seconded by Bhargavi. Motion was approved unanimously.
7. Closing Prayer.
8. Meeting was adjourned at 1:02pm.
Joint Secretary, HTCC Board of Trustees
Feb 1, 2009