HTCC Board Meeting Minutes
April 11, 2009
Attendees: Nitya Niranjan (acting chair), Sunil Shah, Virinder Duggal, Suri Raman, Dev Manhas, Vishwa Gaddamanugu, Umesh Amin, Pramod Gupta, Bhargavi Kumar, Subrahmanyam Kandikattu, Hima Bollineni,
Excused Absentees: G. Krishnan, Sunil Ummat, Hema Marreddy
Unexcused Absentees: Lakshmi Shankar, Arun Sharma,
Guest Attendees: Deepak Om, Shrish Kumar, Gopal Ayengar, Vijay Vashee, Devraj Sharma
2. Call the meeting to order.
3. Approve minutes of the March Board Meeting
4. Minutes of the Special March Board Meeting
5. Report from the Executive Committee
6. “The Big Picture”
7. Financial Analysis Report – Raman
8. Planning Committee Report
9. Details on new proposal Petition
10. Fund Raising Committee Report
11. Election Process Reforms Sub Committee Report
12. Constitution Committee Report
13. Virinder’s motion to dismiss Vishwa from the Exec Committee
14. Priest Compensation Report
15. Board Member Attendance Report - Bhargavi
16. Treasurer' report
17. New business
18. Discussion on KLN home & missing jewellery issue
20. Meeting Adjourned
1) Prayers were offered at 9:07 AM. Meeting was called to order at 9:10 AM
2) Motion: To approve the minutes of the Mar 29 meeting was proposed by Dr. Manhas, seconded by Bhargavi. Motion was approved unanimously.
3) Motion: To approve the minutes of the Mar 14 meeting – as amended was proposed by Subbu, seconded by Vishwa. Motion was approved unanimously.
4) Virinder presented EC Committee report.
a) The priests will be reporting to the office manager Mr. Krishna Paknikar and on a dotted line to Chairperson Operations. Krishna will be taking care of the operational aspects such as scheduling of the priests attendance, priest timings, office management etc.
b) Change the temple open timings on weekdays from 8 to 11 to 8 AM to 2 PM. The priest services will not be available on a regular basis between 11AM to 2PM. They will have to be scheduled with the manager.
c) The password to the security system will be only with EC President, Operations Chair, Web Chair and Primary Office Manager. Any EC Member can request to review the video; the office manager can show it to them after getting the permission via the Operations Chair or via the EC President.
d) Proposal to keep the Security system video for one month. Subbu to explore the alternatives and report back to EC.
e) Vishwa Gaddamanugu no longer in EC, pending Board approval.
5) Virinder withdrew the motion of asking to dismiss Vishwa from the EC.
6) Motion: Vijay & Raman to present a big picture view driven off of the financial analysis. This report should be presented by April 30, to be discussed in the May 9 meeting. Motion was proposed by Raman, seconded by Vishwa. Motion was approved unanimously.
7) Motion: All large donors (people who have donated greater than or equal to $10k) will be offered two complimentary admission tickets to the Yesudas fund raiser event. Motion was proposed by Umesh, seconded by Pramod. Motion was approved unanimously.
8) Motion: Number of trustees to be elected in 2009 AGM will be 6. Motion was proposed by Pramod, seconded by Vishwa. Motion was passed by majority.
9) Closing Prayer.
10) Meeting was adjourned at 12:40 AM.
Secretary, HTCC Board of Trustees
Apr 11, 2009