HTCC Board Meeting Minutes
July 11, 2009
Attendees: G. Krishnan, Nitya Niranjan, Sunil Shah, Virinder Duggal, Suri Raman, Umesh Amin, Alok Mathur, Hima Bollineni, Hema Marreddy, Vishwa Gaddamanugu, Arun Sharma
Excused Absentees: Subrahmanyam Kandikattu, Dev Manhas
Unexcused Absentees: none
Agenda is pretty brief and as follows:
2. Call the meeting to order.
3. Approve minutes of the June meeting.
4. Chairman's address.
5. Planning committee report (Alok).
a. EC Report (Hima).
6. Communication & Community Engagement Committee Report (Umesh).
7. Treasurer's report (Raman).
8. Fund Raising Committee – Who is Chair Person.
9. Other Business 1 - Membership Proposal.
10. Other Business 2 - Quick Update on ongoing automation projects and the use of 10K funds so far.
11. Other Business 3 - Election Reform Committee.
12. Other New Business.
2. Called the meeting to order 9:13 AM
3. Approved minutes of the June meeting - Raman made motion, Pramod seconded.
- Chairman's address (Sunil) - Vision for the construction of the 2nd phase. Goals for the future.
- Involve community in a better manner. EC president and Community coordinator chair needs to present the details to the board. Chairman to provide guidelines.
5. Planning committee report (Alok) –
a. CUP has expired
b. Check with Shyam Oberoi about CUP
6. EC Report (Hima) – Will provide by email.
a. Employee Performance Report
b. EC President to present a budget for 2009-2010.
c. Balgokulem – not part of any right wing organization.
d. LNK complaint presentation by Hima about a complaint from the people who got married at the temple.
e. Motion - EC President recommends an amicable separation of Lakshmi Narayan Kannan from HTCC and honor all HTCC commitments to him per the contract. Vote – Seconded – Raman, Approved unanimously.
7. Communication & Community Engagement Committee Report (Umesh). Arun to work with Umesh.
8. Treasurer's report (Raman). Sent on line.
9. Fund Raising Committee – of the Chair Person will be discussed next board meeting.
a. Vishwa provided the board preliminary numbers
b. Padukas – Done 60K with expense about $4K.
c. Hema is planning on another fund raising effort.
10. Did not have time for this item.
11. Did not have time for this item.
After Hours – Two motions were passed by the email voting without much discussion.
- New Motion via email for new logo for all HTCC matters – Proposed by Suri Raman and Approved unanimously via email voting.
- Separation and Release Agreement between Lakshmi Narayan Kannan and HTCC was voted on by the board via email voting. Passed unanimously with one abstained.
Secretary, HTCC Board of Trustees
July 11, 2009