HTCC Special Board Meeting Minutes
March 29, 2009
Attendees: Nitya Niranjan, Sunil Shah, Virinder Duggal, Suri Raman, Dev Manhas, Vishwa Gaddamanugu, Umesh Amin, Pramod Gupta, Bhargavi Kumar, Subrahmanyam Kandikattu, Hima Bollineni,
Excused Absentees: G. Krishnan, Hema Marreddy
Unexcused Absentees: Sunil Ummat, Lakshmi Shankar, Arun Sharma,
Guest Attendees: Deepak Om, Jagdish Madhav
2. Call the meeting to order
3. Discussion on Planning Committee’s phase 2 related issue
4. Election Reform presentation by Raman
5. Resolution of Petition
1) Prayers were offered at 9:07 AM. Meeting was called to order at 9:10 AM
2) Planning committee presented the issues with funding and the estimated cost of the current design. Further discussion is postponed till next meeting.
3) Motion: HTCC will host a web-page (guidelines to be provided on the web) provided by any member of HTCC who wants to stand for an upcoming election to the board of trustees as long as the web page was provided from 4 weeks before the election to 1 week before the election. The official nominations for election will still be on the floor of the GBM per the constitution. Virinder proposed the motion, Umesh seconded it. Motion was approved unanimously.
4) Motion: For 2009 GBM, we will have nominations in the GBM followed by extended voting till 4pm. Sunil Shah proposed the motion, Pramod seconded it. Motion was approved unanimously.
5) Motion: Form a constitution committee to propose constitutional amendments for 2009, this committee to be headed by Dr. Manhas. Motion was proposed by Umesh, seconded by Bhargavi. Motion was approved unanimously.
6) Motion: Election process reforms committee needs a budget of $10K to modernize membership verification process. Raman proposed it, Pramod seconded it. Motion was approved unanimously.
7) Resolution of petition item was moved to next board meeting.
8) Closing Prayer.
9) Meeting was adjourned at 11:40 AM.
Secretary, HTCC Board of Trustees
Mar 29, 2009