HTCC Board Meeting Minutes
Jan 10, 2009
Attendees: Nitya Niranjan, Hema Marreddy, Hima Bollineni, Vishwa Gaddamanugu,
G. Krishnan, Pramod Gupta, Shyam Oberoi, Umesh Amin, Dev Manhas, Suri Raman, Arun Sharma, Virinder Duggal, Bhargavi Kumar
Excused Absentees: Lakshmi Shankar
Joined through Conference call: Sunil Shah, Sunil Ummat
Unexcused Absentees: None
2. Call the meeting to order
3. Approve Minutes of the Dec. Board Meeting
4. EC committee Report
5. Treasurer's Report
6. Fund Raising Committee Report
7. Implement policies for matching grants
8. Publish members of all committees
9. Implementation plan for priests not showing up on time – Arun & Hima
10. Planning Committee Report – Progress on resolving differences
11. Employee compensation proposal by Hima and Raman & Sunil
12. Vishwa's complaint against the Secretary, HTCC Board of Trustees
13. New business including “Bereavement and temple visit”
15. Meeting Adjourned
1. Meeting started with a prayer.
2. Meeting was called to order at 9:15 AM.
3. Minutes of the Dec. meeting: Virinder made a motion to approve the minutes. Umesh seconded it. The motion was adopted.
4. EC committee Report: Virinder presented the EC report. He presented the details of the two death/funeral related incidents involving havan, shanti path and cooking/serving of food in the temple.
Virinder informed that he has formed Religious sub committee. The sub committee consists of Virinder as chairman and Nitya, Sastry and Subu as members.
5. Treasurer's Report: Not presented
6. Fund Raising Committee Report: Not presented
7. Implement policies for matching grants: Not discussed
8. Publish members of all committees: Not discussed
9. Implementation plan for priests not showing up on time: Not discussed.
10. Planning Committee Report – Progress on resolving differences: Dr. Manhas stated that the Representatives of two Sthapatis met and have come up with a revised plan for deities placement. The plan will be available shortly.
11. Employee compensation proposal by Hima and Raman & Sunil: Not presented.
12. Vishwa's complaint against the Secretary, HTCC Board of Trustees: Ethics Committee Chairman, Umesh Amin explained that the complaint was simply a passionate discussion and does not rise beyond the bar for any investigation and Vishwa agrees.
13. New business including “Bereavement and temple visit”: The matter presented by Virinder was discussed in detail.
Umesh made a motion “A sub committee under the chairmanship of Suri Raman as chairman be formed to frame a policy in regard to funeral and death related matters. Nitya seconded the motion. The motion was adopted.
Umesh amended the earlier motion to include “birth” also. Vishwa seconded the motion. It was adopted.
Umesh made a motion “Sub Committee chair to form the subcommittee and send it for approval by the Board members by email and submit a proposal by the next Board meeting.” Pramod seconded the motion. It was adopted.
Bhargavi made a motion “Until the formal recommendations are ratified by the Board, no rituals relating to birth /funeral be performed in the temple until 12 days after birth/death.” Hema Marreddy seconded the motion. It was adopted.
Virinder made a motion “Allow EC to sanctify the temple in 10 days.” Dr. Manhas seconded the motion. It was adopted.
Chairman Ganapathy Krishnan directed the EC president Virinder to put the information in regard to the happenings and temple views and developments on the HTCC web site.
14. The meeting ended with a prayer
15. The meeting adjourned at 12.15 PM.
Secretary HTCC Board of Trustees
Jan 10, 2009