HTCC Board Meeting Minutes
December 13, 2008
Attendees: Nitya Niranjan, Hema Marreddy, Hima Bollineni, Vishwa Gaddamanugu,
G. Krishnan, Pramod Gupta, Shyam Oberoi, Sunil Shah
Excused Absentees: Umesh Amin, Dev Manhas, Sunil Ummat, Suri Raman, Arun Sharma, Virinder Duggal, Lakshmi Shankar
Unexcused Absentees: None
- Call the meeting to order
- Minutes of the Nov. Board meeting
- Minutes of Nov. special Board meeting
- Discuss and vote whether we can vote on new business not in agenda
- Nominate and elect new Chairman of the Fund Raising Committee
- Nominate and elect New Board member
- Executive Committee Report
- Religious Committee – Priests complaints, how they are handled
- Planning Committee Report – Progress on resolving differences
- Discussion on Employee Compensation -
- New business
- Meeting Adjourned
1. Meeting started with a prayer.
2. Meeting was called to order at 9:15 AM.
3. Minutes of the Nov. meeting: Nitya made a motion to approve the minutes. Pramod seconded it. The motion was adopted.
4. Minutes of Nov. Special Board meeting: Nitya made a motion to approve the minutes Pramod seconded it. The minutes were adopted.
5. Discuss and vote whether we can vote on new business not in agenda: Vishwa made a motion "New agenda items should be proposed at least three days before the meeting unless it is an emergency". Pramod seconded it. The motion was adopted.
6. Nominate and elect new Chairman of the Fund Raising Committee: Pramod made the motion " Elect Vishwa as chairman and Hema Marreddy as Co chair of the Fund Raising Committee". Sunil seconded it. The motion was adopted.
7. Nominate and elect New Board member: The vacancy created by the resignation of Dr. Virender Sodhi was to be filled. Vishwa nominated Bhargavi Kumar. Nitya nominated Subu. Bhargavi was elected by a majority vote.
8. Executive Committee Report: Hima presented the EC report. It was decided that the volunteers would paint the stage; Hall will be painted by contracted labor with paint provided by HTCC. All other areas will be painted later as phase 2 painting.
9. Religious Committee – Priests complaints, how they are handled: Low /non-performance of the priests was discussed. Sunil will come up with a proposal for reprimand /penalties for non-compliance of rules and low performance by the priests.
10. Planning Committee Report – Progress on resolving differences: One phone conference took place with Architect Bakshi Sompura. Vishwa will provide a budget to cover expenses towards Deity layout in one week.
11. Discussion on Employee Compensation: Hima stated that the average compensation per priest including family comes to about $3000.00 per month. Shyam furnished the details of the medical insurance and coverage provided to the priests and their families. Sunil will come up with a proposal regarding compensation package including amount of priest cut for outside poojas and defining limits of medical benefits and plan to handle medical expenses.
12. New business: Hima provided the following information regarding finances:
US Bank - $131,882
Morgan Stanley – $534,828
Vanguard – $1,143,326
13. The meeting ended with a prayer
14. The meeting adjourned at 11.30 AM.
Secretary HTCC Board of Trustees
Dec. 13, 2008