HTCC Board Meeting Minutes
July 19, 2008
Attendees: Dev Manhas, Shyam Oberoi, Virinder Duggal, Nitya Niranjan, Hema Marreddy, Umesh Amin, Suri Raman, Hima Bollineni, Vishwa Gaddamanugu, G. Krishnan, Virender Sodhi
Excused Absentees: Sunil Ummat, Sunil Shah, Lakshmi Shankar, Pramod Gupta, Arun Sharma
Unexcused Absentees: None
2. Approval of minutes of Board meeting of June 7, 2008.
3. Vision for 2008 presentation (Krish)
4. Approval of Exec Committee (Virinder Duggal)
5. Update on Lakshmi Narayanan Visa – (Virinder Duggal)
6. Proposal on Website (Arun Sharma)
7. Proposal on Processes (Shyam)
8. Planning Committee Report (Dr.Manhas)
9. Fund Raising Committee Report (Dr. Sodhi)
10. Backend Automation (Raman & Hima)
11. Fund for helping distressed families - (Need someone to lead this – Nitya?)
13. Any other business with the permission of the chair
1. Meeting started with a prayer. Meeting was called to order at 9:15 AM.
2. Approve minutes of Board meeting of June 7, 2008: Minutes approved unanimously
3. Vision for 2008 presentation: Chairman Ganapathy Krishnan presented the vision for the year 2008. The vision document is on record.
4. Approval of Exec Committee: EC chairman Virinder Duggal presented the list of EC members for approval. Dev Manhas made a motion for approval. Nitya seconded the motion. The list was approved unanimously. The list is on record.
5. Update on Lakshmi Narayanan Visa: Virinder Duggal brought to the notice of the Board that the response to the questions raised by INS on Lakshmi Narayanan’s Visa transfer application was sent by HTCC attorney on June 18, 2008.
6. Proposal on Website: This item could not be discussed as Arun Sharma was not present.
7. Proposal on Processes: Shyam stated the following in regard to processes:
A. House rental agreement for priests; Completed and implemented.
B. Code of Conduct for the priests: Completed and implemented.
C. HTCC personnal policy: Completed and is under review by Chairman EC Virinder Duggal.
D. Other processes will be developed as needed.
8. Planning Committee Report: Dev Manhas presented the revised Phase 2 Temple layout and a write-up prepared by Sthapati R. Selvanathan of Sri Vaidyanatha Sthapati Associates, Chinnai. These are on record. Work on relocation of the creek will be initiated after getting specs from the architect. Dev Manhas also stated that the ground breaking date could be announced in the month of Sept.
9. Fund Raising Committee Report: ViIrender Sodhi stated that effort will be made to come up with attractive broachures with information about the new temple and its drawings. Major donors will be identified and approached for funds.
10. Backend Automation: The Board authorized to open an operational account. The Board also asked treasurer and Joint treasurer to come up with a proposal on other issues such as debit/credit cards and which financial institution to use.
11. Fund for helping distressed families: Not discussed.
13. Any other business with the permission of the chair:
A. Virinder Duggal highlighted the need for a third priest. Dev Manhas stated that the third priest should be from Andhra Pradesh to cater to the needs of large Telugu population in the area. Vishwa Gaddamanugu made a motion for approval of the proposal. Umesh seconded the proposal. The motion was approved unanimously.
B. Ganapathy wants all Board meetings to start at 8.55 AM because Rahu Kaal sets in at 9.00 AM.
14. The meeting adjourned at 11.15 AM.
Secretary HTCC Board of Trustees
July 19, 2008
Revised on Aug. 9, 2008